TAZ – a command-based System Test automation tool.
With TAZ, test engineers with no programming experience can quickly automate tests using multiple DUTs, Network Elements, and any instrument.
Some TAZ features are:
Component testing – Data acquisition and Instrument Control
- Run TAZ TestCases or TestCases in any programming language
- TAZ Tests are portable over any test bed, even with different equipment
- Save and recall setup configurations
- Entire testing setups are portable too
- Communicate via any API
- Communicate over many protocols, including Telnet, SSH, Ethernet, GPIB, VISA, USB, Serial, TCP/IP, FTP, COM, SQL, SONET, SDH, in any language such as CLI, TL1, XML, or SCPI.
- Communicate with Windows or Linux computers,
- Save results to a custom database or commercial products like HP Quality Center, Contour, Jira, and TestLink
- Web testing with a simplified Selenium interface (no programming necessary) or run Selenium scripts
- Trigger run times
- Communicate with multiple network elements/instruments
- Communicate with databases
- Use data driven variables
- Capture and use runtime variables
- Switch fibers
- Power cycle
- Run diagnostic programs on user defined triggers
- Send emails
- Automatically create fully documented logs or create custom logs
- Graph data
- Communicate with equipment in real-time
- Manual or semi-manual tests as well as full automation
- TAZ works with any equipment. Here are some of the instruments TAZ has controlled:
TestCenter, Ixia, IxNetwork, DiverifEye, AX4000 (Adtech), SmartBits, IneoQuest Cricket, OmniBER, TekOTS, Exfo/Gnubi, Fortissimo, Abacus, Anritsu, Acterna/WG, Agilent Router Tester, Agilent Vector Signal Analyzer, Power Supplies, Attenuators, BERT Scopes, RF and Optical Spectrum Analyzers, and more.
- Optical transceiver - Test Executive and test modules for 14 tests, interfacing with 11 instruments with database connectivity.
- Photovoltaic IV wafer test station for manufacturer’s R&D department
- Automated life cycle testing system for an optical component manufacturer. The system asynchronously controls 128 independent DUTs, each with 2 temperature controls, PowerON-PowerOFF schedules, multiple DAQ measurements, emergency alarms and emails. Since this testing will run over two years, the system was designed to survive any single point of failure, including PC crashes, by a combination of database, file, and runtime controls.
- Designed and built an instrument for laser switching with telnet access that can be used as standalone or controlled by other programs.
- Testing of RF instruments for 3 major instrument manufacturers
- Solmetric Solar Instrument prototype – The Solmetric PV Analyzer is an I-V curve tracer with advanced modeling to maximize array efficiency
- SyntheSys Research - Created applications for optical instrument manufacturer to be sold as add-ons to the BERTscope instrument. These applications expand the market appeal and functionality of the instrument by automating common time-consuming tests and integrating third-party instruments into the test configuration.
- Real-time Spectrum Analysis – instrument for earthquake research
- pH monitoring and control instrument
- Telnet client – optimized for SONET
- Database monitoring, graphing, and analysis programs
- Instrument command testing
- Automated inventory assessment program